Sunday, January 30, 2011

Baby Shower Banner

Ever sense I started paper crafting, I began making banners. I had not given much thought to them before. We would have store bought "Happy Birthday" banners for milestones such as 40th & 65th birthday parties. Now I seem to be making banners for every occasion. For whaterver reason, they are now very important to me. I push them on everyone.

"Oh you're having a baby shower, you need a banner. I can make you a banner.  If you're having a house warming party - you definitely need a banner. I have a great idea for a banner. Come on, let me do it." 

Now, under normal circumstances my friends wouldn't buy a banner, wouldn't even think about putting a banner up. But when someone offers to make you one, it's hard to say no.  Especially when that certain someone is persistent and oh so exited to do it. 

As I mentioned in a previous post, my friend had twins - a baby boy and a baby girl. This banner seemed appropriate. 

In case you can't see it, it says "Hello Double Trouble". The base of the banner are leaves. The letters are made from safari pattern paper. There are a few animals "strategically" placed throughout the banner.  I don't think anyone noticed it but I loved it.

No comments: