An example of an Ernie and Bert skit is the popular "banana in my ear" joke:
- Ernie: Hi, Bert!
- Bert: Hey, Ernie, you know that you have a banana in your ear?
- Ernie: What was that, Bert?
- Bert: (more loudly) I said, you have a banana in your ear, Ernie. Bananas are food. They are to eat, not to put in your ear!
- Ernie: What did you say, Bert?
- Bert: (shouting) WOULD YOU JUST TAKE THAT BANANA OUT OF YOUR EAR?!
- Ernie: I'm sorry, you'll have to speak a little louder, Bert! I can't hear you; I have a banana in my ear!
Some of my favorite bits where of Ernie and his rubber duckie. I just loved the rubber duckie song as I'm sure you did as well. Sing with me now:
Rubber Duckie you’re the one,
You make bathtime lots of fun,
Rubber Duckie I'm awfully fond of you
Ahh, the good old days. In the spirit of Ernie and his rubber duckie, I had to get a rubber duckie to finish off my party favor bag. And of course they couldn't be just any rubber duckie, they had to follow the theme of the baby shower - animal/safari.
Oriental Trading Company have it going on I tell ya. I had a hard time selecting my favorite one.
I mean could you pick a favorite?
I hope this series inspired you to give awesome party favors at your next party.