Tuesday, January 25, 2011

No party is complete without the favors - Part 4

My favorite Muppet characters from Sesame Street where Bert and Ernie (Ernie especially). A typical Bert and Ernie bit began with Ernie devising a hare-brained idea and Bert calmly attempting to talk him out of it. Usually, Bert loses his temper and Ernie would not know why.

An example of an Ernie and Bert skit is the popular "banana in my ear" joke:
Ernie: Hi, Bert!
Bert: Hey, Ernie, you know that you have a banana in your ear?
Ernie: What was that, Bert?
Bert: (more loudly) I said, you have a banana in your ear, Ernie. Bananas are food. They are to eat, not to put in your ear!
Ernie: What did you say, Bert?
Bert: (shouting) WOULD YOU JUST TAKE THAT BANANA OUT OF YOUR EAR?!
Ernie: I'm sorry, you'll have to speak a little louder, Bert! I can't hear you; I have a banana in my ear!

Comic genius. 

Some of my favorite bits where of Ernie and his rubber duckie. I just loved the rubber duckie song as I'm sure you did as well. Sing with me now:

Rubber Duckie you’re the one,
You make bathtime lots of fun,
Rubber Duckie I'm awfully fond of you
Vo-vo-dee-o!......

Ahh, the good old days. In the spirit of Ernie and his rubber duckie, I had to get a rubber duckie to finish off my party favor bag. And of course they couldn't be just any rubber duckie, they had to follow the theme of the baby shower - animal/safari.

Is this not the cutest thing you have ever seen? The people at the Oriental Trading Company have it going on I tell ya. I had a hard time selecting my favorite one.

I mean could you pick a favorite?
They are all just so adorable and rubber duckie like. I will admit to you (but don't tell any one) I almost kept them ALL! I didn't feel like other people would appreciate them as much I would. Hopefully they all found good homes.

I hope this series inspired you to give awesome party favors at your next party.

1 comment:

clearlytangled said...

i think the elephant-duck wins. something about that zebra-duck rubs me the wrong way... i can't figure out why... ;)