Monday, January 17, 2011

Scrappy Bug - Where have you been?

Have you ever been so busy that you forget what day it is? Your alarm wakes you up and you can't remember why you set it. Well that has been me these last couple of weeks. I've been busy with home improvement projects (which I will share later) that seem to take up all of my free time. Before then....I'll blame the holidays and pure laziness. But I am back with a vengeance. Expect several posts the next couple of weeks.

A good friend of mine was pregnant with twins (she delivered a boy and a girl a few weeks ago) but before these bundles of joy came into our lives, her friends and I gave her a baby shower. I was in charge of invitations, party favors, & banner. Three of my favorite things to make.

We had an animal theme baby shower. Or maybe it was safari theme....I don't remember now. My friend is not very keen on traditional girl and boy colors i.e. pink and blue so her invitations had  earthy tones.

In case you can't tell from the picture, these are elephant heads raised with dimensions. Other invitations had monkey heads and giraffe heads as well as an animal combination. These were super simple to make and not your typical baby shower invitation. I loved them and more importantly so did the mom to be.

In a few days I'll share my party favors. They were a little over the top but I couldn't help myself.  

No comments: